Thursday, August 16, 2007

Last night in Scotland


Arthurs Seat, Edinburgh

I have been incredibly lucky to have spent the last 5 weeks in scotland with some truly amazing photojournalists. I've realized yet again that this is definitly what I want to do with the rest of my life and I am so glad to be a part of the viscom program at Ohio University because of the talent which is there. Although we are all great friends we're also incredibly competitive and push eachother to photograph better than ever. I've improved the way I shoot and go about photographing a situation so much over this trip that most of my portfolio will be turned over from this trip and what isn't will soon be replaced in the following months.

North Berwick Highland Games

Terry says he takes the field school to Scotland because there are hundreds of good pictures to be made, Its not like its hard to find a story or great light here, the challenge is to shoot in ways that we've never shot before and at a level that is much higher than our normal shooting. I have been stunned by the work that has come out of this program.

William Kerr, has been a piper for 40 years

Our last day in Edinburgh Sara and Kristin and I walked down the royal mile and princes street, picking up a few presents for friends and family back home. Its weird to look back and remember coming into town right after we arrived and figuring out how to get around this city which I'm very comfortable in. I have to say though that knowing that our last ride back to Queen Margaret College on the 26 bus was over was a relief as the buses have become slower and slower since the festival started. Its going to be odd coming home and not seeing men in kilts walking down the street everywhere you look and not being able to hear bagpipes 24/7.

The Fringe Festival on the Royal Mile, Edinburgh


Thistle

Cheers!

No comments: