Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some thoughts on audio

I’ve been thinking about Colorado lately. I was listening to my iTunes on shuffle and a song came on that threw me back to the Springs. I was listening to a lot of Sugarland’s Enjoy the Ride while I was working out there this past summer, and for me some music can just instantly transport me back. I can smell the air, hear the trees, feel the wind and the sun.

I like to think about that when I’m editing audio for my projects. I think good audio should do just what certain songs do for me, take you to the place they’re telling you about.

Recently I got to do an audio project on An Da Union a group from Inner Mongolia which does throat singing, which is one of the most unique sounds I've ever heard. I’d love to hear what you think.

No comments: